August 20, 2005

The Tunisian Blogosphere

I have to admit, when I started this travelogue, it never occurred to me that Tunisians would be interested in reading it. In fact, I was pretty certain that my only visitors would be family and friends from back home.

So, it's kind of cool to see the comments from Tunisian visitors which have popped up on the site in the past week, thanks to links from a couple of local bloggers (in French and English).

I think Karim2k pinned me pretty well with this description:
Those bloggers are posting everything around, as it seems strange and new for them : from their biggest joy to the worst dramatic events, I've appreciated their appetite for discovery, like babies, they are tryring to touch and taste everything around...

In fact, it makes perfect sense that Tunisians would find this stuff interesting, just as Americans still read the classic 1831 travelogue of Alexis de Tocqueville, a Frenchman visiting America.

I just wish I spoke French so I could read more of these local blogs!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's certain that our tunisian french written blogs are intersting, but the fist of english ones are in fact the best you can try to translate them with google, anyway you're welcome, and don't forget to ckech your mail, as I said before we are preparing a meetup in your honor, but it's not sure, at least we can meet for a cafe in EL horria avenue.

August 20, 2005  
Blogger Emina said...

Nice to read that :)

August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home